We are the leading company that provides employer sponsored, international employee benefits for expatriates including international workers compensation insurance !
Do you have any of the following international exposures below? If so, who provides you with day to day and emergency assistance for what could literally be hundreds of different concerns that may cross your desk over time, related to these international exposures?
- U.S. expatriates working abroad
- Foreign nationals working in the U.S.
- Third Country National insurance needs for those working outside of their home country
- International business travelers
- Local nationals (or foreign nationals) hired in their country of citizenship?
- Are International HR managers around the world working with different international brokers? Is there a general lack of coordination?
Expatriate Group Insurance Plans (step 1)
Whether you have expatriate group medical needs for 2 expats, or the immediate implementation of an international employee assistance program in China for 180 expats, we are the ONLY resource you will ever need. 99% of U.S. domestic brokers cannot assist with more than 2 or 3 of these topics and there are only about 5 international brokers in the world that can assist with all of these exposures, and we are one.
No international benefits consultant or international broker is more knowledgeable on expatriate health insurance, international security programs, and support services (like international EAP and medical evacuation and assistance.)
Admitted and Legal Local National Insurance (step 2)
Many international benefit managers do not understand just how critically important it is to make sure local national insurance is placed legally. This typically means working with a locally licensed and admitted insurance company that is in the local marketplace and business of providing foreign national insurance (NOT A US COMPANY!)
Foreign national insurance that is placed with a non-licensed or non-admitted carrier can bring legal, tax, and even criminal penalties on the employer that could jeopardize local operations.
International Employee Benefits combined with International Risk Management
It is very rare to find a partner that is expert in all international disciplines, combining the international risk management side (P&C) with the international employee benefits side (A&H). The best international benefits consultants can address both concerns and all the exposures on each side..
What's more, there is never a monthly "retainer" fee to have us on your staff. When we talk about international risk management, we do this in a general sense but in the classic definition, international risk management really means the P&C side of the equation such as international workers compensating insurance, kidnap and ransom, and international liability for example.
International Risk Management is about more than expatriate medical insurance or foreign workers compensation insurance
True and complete international risk management includes a study and review by the international insurance broker of all of the programs and exposures below for the global organization. Do you have an international insurance broker or consultant than can address all of the below:
- International security and specifically expatriate security with kidnap and ransom
- Foreign workers compensation for international workers compensation for TCNs
- Admitted and compliant plans when placing local national insurance
- Expatriate group medical plans that are HIPAA compliant with COBRA for expatriates
- International business traveler insurance programs
- Insurance packages for foreign nationals coming into the U.S. (also called inpats.)
- Third Country National insurance such as offshore pension plans.
- Expatriate group life insurance no matter what the resident host country
- Expatriate dental insurance
- Assistance with expatriate policy and expatriate handbooks
- Expatriate group disability for U.S. expats and third country nationals
- Expatriate health insurance / Expatriate group insurance
This is what a client had to say about McKinley International in 2008.
"...We started working with McKinley International for one specific need, expatriate group health insurance, and this need was quickly addressed. However, we found them to be a resource for anything that we encountered on the international employee benefits or international risk management side. When we needed a special expatriate life insurance policy for a Singapore national working in Japan, we were given the solution. When we needed to place a local medical policy for 15 U.K. nationals we "inherited" in an acquisition, we were able to do so. We feel we have a full time international benefits expert on our staff..."
We hope you will explore this entire website for information about international risk management, expatriate group insurance and expatraite medical insurance plans, with resources that you will not find anywhere else on the web.
Of course, if you can't find what you are looking for here, please call us anytime. There are never any consulting fees for sharing what we know.